10 Inspiring Bible Verses to Hold Onto This Year
Written by Brittney Moses
Posted on January 10, 2017 at 7:00 am
Praise God for reaching another year! Here are 10 Bible verses we challenge you to carry into 2017 with courage, faith and devotion as God continues to do a renewing work in each of us.
- “I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead….” (Philippians 3:13)
- “For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.” (Isaiah 43:19)
- “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the LORD. ‘They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.'” (Jeremiah 29:11)
- “But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint…” (Isaiah 40:31)
- “We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps.” (Proverbs 16:9)
- “Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!” (1 Chronicles 16:11)
- “This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- “You crown the year with a bountiful harvest; even the hard pathways overflow with abundance.” (Psalm 65:11)
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- “Throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy.” (Ephesians 4:22-24)
PI Girls, what is a verse you’re holding onto this year?