10 Verses To Help You Find Confidence In God AND Yourself
Written by Dave Herrmann | April 24, 2015
We’re human, we’re all prone to times when we just don’t feel confident in ourselves. That’s ok! The good thing to do is not dwell in these times, but instead turn to The Word of God. He’s created a road map for our lives we should turn to repeatedly in these times. Here are ten Bible verses we use during these times.
1. Joshua 1:9 – “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
2. Psalm 118:24 – “This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.”
3. 1 John 4:4 – “Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.”
4. Psalm 118:6 – “The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
5. Psalm 50:15 – “And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”
6. Hebrews 10:35 – “Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.”
7. Isaiah 40:31 – “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”
8. 2 Timothy 2:1 – “You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus.”
9. Isaiah 41:10 – “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
10. Proverbs 3:26 – “For the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.”
Share below, what other verses do you turn to in times when you lack confidence in yourself?