12 Signs You’re Growing Spiritually
Written by Brittney Moses
Posted on March 7, 2017 at 5:45 am
Coming to Christ was just the beginning of God’s work within each of us. One thing I love about this walk with Christ is that we are continuously in progress and building on new revelations about God and ourselves at different stages. We don’t always get it right and it’s not a walk of perfection, but we press on, we learn and we grow. Here are 12 (of many) signs that a person is on the road to progress in their walk with Christ!
1. You’re looking for ways to literally apply the Word to your life rather than settle for being inspired.
2. You’re paying more and more attention to internal convictions that disturb and warn your soul to do what’s right.
3. You’re aware of the difference within yourself when you’re walking closely with God and when you’re not.
4. You’ve learned not to push your faith onto others and have discovered the balance of grace and truth.
5. You’ve lost the desire to entertain some of the old carnal habits that used to be a part of your life.
6. You have the desire to surround yourself with like-minded believers to grow with.
7. You’re intentionally praying and involving God in more of your decisions.
8. You’ve started to care more about pleasing God than being insecure about how your faith makes you look to others.
9. You’re making spiritual disciplines like prayer, Bible reading and gathering with other believers a regular part of your life.
10. You’re humbling yourself enough to seek prayer, help or accountability when you find yourself off track.
11. You care more about surrendering to God than being noticed and applauded by people for your deeds.
12. You have a real desire to be a living example of Christ to the world around you so that others may know Him.
And if you’ve been walking with Christ for a while, but feel like you’ve been losing fire in your faith, here are a few ways to get your heart back on track!
What do you believe are other signs that show a person has been growing in their faith? Let’s talk about it. Comment below!