5 Ways to Enjoy Being Single When All of Your Friends Have Boyfriends
Written by T.M. Gaouette
Posted on October 17, 2016 at 5:00 am
Hey girls! Are all of your friends hung up on having a boyfriend? Are you? Or maybe your besties already have boyfriends and you’re still living the single life. Well, I’m here to tell you to stop pining and start taking advantage of being single!
I know it’s easier said than done, but when you think about how many years of your life you’ll likely be in a relationship, it sure makes sense to take this moment of being single and have fun with it, don’t you think?
Here are some ways that you can enjoy being single when all of your friends have boyfriends:
- Be confident and strengthened by your single status. You are not defined by whether or not you have a boyfriend. So don’t feel bad if you don’t have one! It doesn’t make you less of a person. It doesn’t mean there’s something wrong with you. It means you have the opportunity to learn to be confident and find strength in yourself and the love of God Almighty. There is so much joy in that!
- Spend time with your single friends and find new ones. Being single gives you the chance to enjoy hanging out with your friends without compromising your time with a boyfriend, his friends and his family. Now’s the time to put yourself first when it comes to having fun. So spend time with your single friends and make more. Focus on friendships with like-minded people who share your interests and faith! Youth groups and church events are great places to meet friends.
- Get more involved in your activities. This is one of the best times in your life to do the things that you want to do! It’s your time to mold yourself into the person you want to be without being distracted by someone else. So get to it!
- Take the time to strengthen your relationship with Christ. As a Christian, your number one should be Christ, whether you are single or in a relationship. Strengthen your relationship with Him before you get into a dating relationship, so that pleasing Him first becomes second nature!
- Get to know who you are. This is a great time to learn who you are, what you want in life and what you enjoy doing. Once you learn about who you are, you’ll better recognize the kind of person best suited to you!
Ladies, being single and surrounded by couples doesn’t have to be a bad thing. You just have to use the time wisely and have fun!
Are you single and enjoying it? Share your story—we love to hear from you!