5 Ways We Can Create a Godlier Nation Post-Election
Written by Project Inspired | November 7, 2012
Whether your favorite candidate wins or loses, elections are undoubtedly stressful. High stakes, opposing viewpoints and strong opinions can cause friction–friendships even have been severed over election-time disagreements! But now that the 2012 elections are over, we need to work together at creating a nation for Christ. How do we do that?
Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)
As Christians, we can’t push our views on others. But there are ways we can work together to create a Godlier nation.
- Live out the Gospel. It all begins with you! You can’t expect others, let alone a nation, to live a Christian life if you’re not willing to walk the walk.
- Become a Godly family. We don’t mean just your current family, but the family you will build later in life, too. This means creating a home where God is always present, being an active member of your church and sticking to Christian media whenever possible.
- Introduce others to your Godly life. If you have non-Christian friends or colleagues, welcome them into your Godly world as much as possible. If they’re not interested, don’t push yourself on them. But don’t enter their “worldly” life, either!
- Dedicate your life to glorifying God. Remember to glorify God in everything you do. Whether you want to be a writer, a singer, an actor, a fashion designer, or even a stockbroker, use your God-given talents to glorify Him and spread His Word!
- Don’t give up on the politicians. You may feel discouraged after this election, but don’t. Continue to make your voice heard and to fight for Christian values. Together we WILL make a difference!
And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. And these words, which I command you this day, shall be in your heart: And you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up. And you shall write them on the posts of your house, and on your gates. (Deuteronomy 6:5-9)
Ladies, what are other great ways to work at creating a Godlier nation?
More Stories Like This on Project Inspired: