9 Bible Verses for When You’re Feeling Worried
Written by Project Inspired
Posted on October 3, 2014 at 12:00 pm
Worry. It’s something everyone deals with on a daily basis. We are human, after all! However, through God’s Word, we can turn our worry into peace.
We sifted through and picked out nine verses that really help us in times of worry. Bookmark this page, print it out, save it on your phone, memorize them!
1. I can do all this through Him who gives me strength. (Phil 4:13 NIV)
2. Cast your cares on the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken. (Psalm 55:22 NIV)
3. As for God, His way is perfect: The LORD’s word is flawless; He shields all who take refuge in Him. (Psalm 18:30 NIV)
4. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27 NIV)
5. I prayed to the LORD, and He answered me. He freed me from all my fears. Those who look to Him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces. In my desperation I prayed, and the LORD listened; He saved me from all my troubles. For the angel of the LORD is a guard; He surrounds and defends all who fear Him. (Psalm 34:4-7 NIV)
6. When I am afraid, I put my trust in You. (Psalm 56:3 NIV)
7. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:6-7 NIV)
8. For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7 NIV)
9. Cast all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7 NIV)
Do you have a favorite verse you turn to when times of worry arise?