Hello PI readers! Every month I share my favorite songs with you in playlists. Some may be Christian/gospel and some may be secular, and all will be positive and inspiring! Since I am a singer and songwriter, this is a great way to share the different styles and genres of music I listen to and learn from. Let’s get this playlist started! Connect with me at facebook.com/ChristiGiven and @ChristiGiven.
1. “Messengers” by Lecrae ft. For King & Country: This song was just released September 10, 2014, from Lecrae’s new album, Anomaly! I am so stoked to hear the new album and also to support one of my favorite artists. I recently discovered this song on Air1 Radio, a new radio station (it’s awesome…check it out)! Go to Air1.com to tune in and hear the newest Christian music! I saw For King & Country at the El Rey Theatre in Hollywood recently—they rocked out and are so talented! Hope you like this track. Let me know what you think…I personally LOVE it!
2. “We Won’t Be Shaken” by Building 429: I love this song. It really encourages you to not give up, doubt or fear, regardless of what goes on around you—as believers, we won’t be shaken, just like the scriptures say in Psalms by King David, amen?!
3. “Overwhelmed” by Big Daddy Weave: I don’t know a ton of this band’s music, but I’m aware of them, as we play them on JUCE TV and I hear them a lot on The Fish L.A. radio and Air1 Radio. One of my favorite songs they sing is “Redeemed.” The band is very gifted and I love the lead singer’s voice—it has a bit of country influence, in my opinion. This song is beautiful and so touching. It is a deep worship song that I pray blesses you.
4. “Difference Maker” by NeedtoBreathe: This band is on the rise of the Christian music charts. I hear more and more about them regularly. I love their music and sound—they are like a Mumford & Sons kind of band—which I love! Check out their single “Difference Maker”!
5. “You Make Me Brave” by Amanda Cook & Bethel Music:This track is from the worship band and church Bethel in Redding, Calif. If you have never heard of Bethel, I highly recommend you check out some of their music. Super anointed and powerful, free-spirited worship. Amanda Cook is a worship leader from their school of supernatural ministry. I had never heard of her prior to looking up some new Bethel music, but this song is a reminder of God’s word—that God is for us, not against us, and that “He made a way for all to enter in.”
6.“Blameless” by Dara Maclean: You may remember Dara from her single “Suitcases.” She is one of the new Christian female artists on the rise of the Christian/Gospel charts with her soulful pop sound. She has become a shining star and great role model for young girls. Check out Dara’s music on iTunes and make sure to check out this new single called “Blameless.”
7. “Embers” by Hillsong Young & Free: Recently, while leading the kids’ worship at my church, I heard this song playing in the background before service and I absolutely loved it! I hadn’t heard this song before—have you? It is amazing as most Hillsong Worship is, and I love that there is a youth band to reach people like you girls! Share this with your friends—the whole album is awesome!
8. “What I Believe” by Skillet: Air1 Radio plays Skillet all the time, and I am familiar with the band from JUCE TV. Do you know the band’s music? They are a rock band with positive, faith-based lyrics who stand up for godliness and righteousness. Just Google the lyrics. Are you a fan of Skillet?
9. “You’ll Never Be Alone” by Capital Kings: These two guys are rocking with electronic techno sounds and influencing culture like no other. These Kings of music are on the rise…keep your eyes out for these two young warriors standing up for Christ in the music industry. You will love them!
10. “Hold You Up” by Shane Harper: Okay, Project Inspired Girls—I know you will LOVE this new single from Shane Harper! Who knew he not only acts, but sings, too? He was in the movie God’s Not Dead and released this new worship song, which is super powerful and spirit-filled. What do you think of it? I love his voice!
PI Girls, what are your favorite songs off my playlist this month? Comment below! 🙂