Games & Fun
DIY: “Frozen”-Inspired Floor Decor
Written by Project Inspired | September 25, 2014
Love the movie Frozen? Check out this DIY where you’ll learn how to make a floor mat inspired by the film!
The inspiration for the mat:
- Printout of stencils above on standard copy paper
- Kraft-Tex Kraft Paper Fabric
- Sewing machine
- Americana Acrylics in Baby Pink, Slate Gray, Purple Cow and Baby Blue
- Minwax Polycrylic
- Print out your stencils on standard copy paper.
- Fold them in half and cut them out.
- Unroll about 30 inches of Kraft-Tex Kraft Paper Fabric.
- Fold the four corners in 2 inches.
- Fold all edges inward 1 inch to create neat, finished corners.
- Zigzag-stitch the edges down all the way around the mat.
- Lightly trace your stencils on the mat with a pencil.
- Start to fill in your design with the Americana Acrylic paints.
- When you’re done painting, coat the entire mat with three coats of Minwax Polycrylic, letting it dry for at least 15 minutes in between coats.
Watch a video of the process here:
Source: Mark Montano
Girls, what do you think of this DIY? Would you make it? Give us your thoughts in the comments below!