Beauty & Fashion
Enhance Your Natural Beauty With…Tomatoes!
Written by T.M. Gaouette | September 20, 2014
Ladies, God is so amazing! Not only did He create a world that grows food to sustain us, but He also provided some of those same foods as natural beauty and healing treatments. And with so many of today’s manufactured beauty products containing chemicals and artificial ingredients, having a natural alternative that benefits us is definitely a plus! This week, I’ve picked a wonderful product that you probably already have in your kitchen right now…tomatoes!
Tomatoes contain tons of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that make them very effective for the following beauty treatments:
- Cleanse your skin with tomato juice. All you have to do is apply crushed tomato pulp or tomato juice to the face in a circular motion, and then rinse off with warm water. This treatment also brightens dull skin, leaving it looking refreshed and glowing.
- Treat oily skin with tomatoes. Just cut a tomato in half and rub the pulp ends onto the skin. Leave residue on the face for 15 minutes before washing off with cold water. This treatment can be done twice a day and is also effective in reducing acne. Sprinkle a little salt on the cut sides of the tomato and you will have additional exfoliating benefits.
- Shrink pores with tomato juice. Simply add a couple drops of lemon juice to a tablespoon of tomato juice and apply to the skin. Leave on for 15 minutes and then wash off with warm water. Dab the face dry gently. Alternatively, wash the face with tomato juice every night and this will tighten the skin and shrink wide pores.
- Nourish your hair with tomato juice. Apply to your hair in place of conditioner, after shampooing. Rub into scalp and leave in for five minutes before rinsing off. This regimen will also brighten dull hair and is great for treating dandruff.
- Soothe sunburned skin with tomato. Crush half a tomato with a couple spoons of yogurt and apply to troubled areas and leave on for 20 minutes.
Ladies, did you know that tomatoes were such a great beauty product? Do you know of any other ways tomatoes can help enhance your natural beauty?