Get the Look: Gorgeous Wavy Hair Like X-Factor’s Drew! She Thanks Jesus At The End of Her Speech Too!
posted on December 6, 2011 at 5:34 pm
How many of you sat glued to the edges of your seats last week when Drew Ryniewicz, 14, got eliminated from ”X-Factor“? I was devastated at first, but God is looking out for her. With her strong faith, she is going achieve great things in her singing career!
Drew was completely torn up and tearful over her elimination, but she pulled herself together to give these parting words: “I want to say thank you to my fans. I’m going to keep going. I’m going to keep singing. There’s a lot more to me that I want to show you.”
My favorite part was when she said, right at the end, “Jesus loves all of you guys. That is truly what I was in this competition for anyway. Now I’m just saying it.”
My friends, Jesus never forsakes us, and he loves us. If we just love Him, He will do all things in us and for us. This is His promise to us. Look at what He has done for Drew, who is only 14. He will do the same and more for you!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6).
Aside from Drew’s inspirational message and gorgeous voice, I’m going to miss seeing her adorable hairstyles from week to week! Here’s how to get some of her signature looks:
SOFT, MANAGEABLE WAVES
If your hair is naturally very curly and frizzy and you’d like Drew’s soft waves, here’s a tip: Do a coconut oil treatment once per week!
- Pour a quarter cup of coconut oil onto your hair (remember to do this slowly!). This amount differs depending on the hair length and texture. If you have short hair, use a lot less!
- Start at the roots and make sure the oil is applied right to the tips of your hair
- Use your fingers as a comb to distribute the oil
- After all the oil is distributed, take your locks up into a shower cap and wrap a warm wet towel around it
- Leave it for thirty minutes (or sleep on it overnight), then shampoo at least twice
Trust me you, will notice a huge difference! It is super affordable (I got mine on Amazon for $4.99) and its beauty benefits are incredible.
PERFECTLY TOUSLED LOOK
Get Drew’s perfect “beach waves” with a sea salt spritz. Try Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray from Ulta for $5.99. It adds a tousled look like Drew’s and gives a light matte finish to any hair type.
- Spray the product all over damp hair
- Take a wide-toothed comb and comb your hair from roots to tips to evenly distribute the product
Another way you could use this product is to spray it on damp or dry hair to give your hair more texture and curl. You can dry your hair naturally or with the help of a diffuser and hair dryer. You also can use your hands to scrunch your hair to give more of a curl. Experiment and see what works best for you!
QUICK, PRETTY WAVES
Another absolute favorite product of mine that I’ve been using for years is the Aussie Hair Insurance Leave-In Conditioner. You can get this online at Walmart for $2.37.
This is great if you are running out the door for school or church. It gives your hair incredible moisture and is heavy enough to create a soft, curled texture similar to Drew’s.
- Put a dime size amount into the palm of your hand and rub your hands together
- Use your fingers to distribute the conditioner in damp hair from roots to tips, focusing mainly on the tips where the hair becomes dry
- Comb through
Tell me: What are you favorite hair products? How do you feel about Drew’s parting words?
God Bless you my lovelies! Remember, you are beautiful just the way you are! Have a fabulous (hair) day!!