So, I’m getting ready to go to college in the fall and honestly, I’m really scared! I’ve always been really independent and excited to go to college and now that this is actually happening I’m kind of having a meltdown.
|March 29, 2015 at 12:13|
1. Take lots of pictures of your friends and family with you to college. Maybe make a collage or something 🙂 And call your family often.
2. I think it’s really awesome that you’re going to Kenya. That will probably help you get a feel for what it will be like to be away from your family– even though that’s a short term trip.
3. My college is in a really small town, so I don’t have much big-city advice, but I do highly recommend that you search for a church right when you get to Chicago. Then at least you’ll have a church family to help you if you’re ever in need. Tips on finding a church at college here: http://coffeewithkara.com/local-church-college/
4. The following is the verse I clung to spring of senior year, and even this fall.
5. Pray, pray, pray!! God always listens, and he’s more than willing to give you peace.
I hope something I said helped you. Blessings!!
P.S.- Moody? THAT’S AWESOME!! It was one of my top 3 colleges, so I know how awesome it is. Congrats!
|April 2, 2015 at 14:29|
I am about to finish up my second year. I am a commuter but know plenty of people who are far from home. First off I am enjoying college more than high school! Best thing to do is to go out and don’t stay hidden in your dorm! Try to go to a few meetings for different groups. Also you are going to a Christian college, so you will be having the same values as everyone there. You will be making a ton of really close friends so you wont be “alone” for long. Also Chigago! I have been there before and it is super cool, I recommend going to the Shedd aquarium. The first week might be rough but I can guarantee that this is going to be some of the best years of your young adult life. When ever you are struggling just pray. I would also like to say that I am super jealous because I am majoring in Graphic Design and Chicago is one of the places to be for art.
|April 22, 2015 at 21:46|
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.