Girl to Girl Talk: Hair Chalk, Pointy Nails and More of 2013’s Hottest Trends!
Written by Christi Given | March 22, 2013
Every week I go through the “Girl Talk” section of Project Inspired and look for those seeking advice and council. I want to help answer some questions you may have about living out your Christian life and walk of faith! We want PI to be a safe place where you can ask questions.
This week’s post is a little different! I was inspired by a PI Girl who asked about a current trend: Hair chalk.
Has anyone here chalked their hair? How’d it turn out? How did you like it? Do you have any tips on how to do it? Is there any difference between chalking blonde hair and other colors? Were there any negative effects? What colors look best?
Hair chalk is just one of the big beauty fads of 2013. Here are five of the year’s hottest trends…have you tried any of them?!
1. Hair chalk: You simply pick your color, chalk it on and you get cool colors in your hair! This look is good for the rockers at heart, or if you want to go for a more fun, artsy or edgy look. Also, hair chalk is easy to apply and washes out in the shower. Make sure if you ever want to chalk or color your hair that you run it by your folks first. What do you think: Do you like the hair chalk trend?
2. Pointy nails and nail art: We’ve all seen the pointy nail trend worn by artists like Rihanna and Adele, and we wanted to get YOUR opinion! Do you like the sharp nail look, or is it too much? I personally like nail art–like polka dots and cute designs–but pointy nails seem a little “too much” to me. What do you think about nail art, girls? I think it’s a fun and modest way to spruce up your look!
3. Lots of rings and accessories: Do you like wearing a lot of jewelry or do you like a simple, classic look? I personally LOVE jewelry–the bigger, the better! I like simple, classy looks too, but rings, bracelets and necklaces are just too much fun to pass up!
4. Bright lipstick: Are you a girl who likes to wear lipstick or lip gloss? Personally, I love lip gloss and more of a nude, creamy pink on the lips, but this new red lipstick trend is really fun and eye-catching. The reds, hot pinks and even bright oranges are SO in this season…shake it up with some color! (Just make sure it is cool with your parents–and don’t go overboard.)
5. Patterns on pants: Patterns, florals and wild prints are in. Do you like patterns? Here is a little fashion tip if you do step out wearing cool patterns: Make sure you balance out the pattern with a solid color or plain article of clothing opposite it. You don’t want to overdo the look by making it too busy. The media will tell you otherwise this season; you may get away with multiple patterns, but make sure they blend well together.
Project Inspired girls, what do YOU think about the latest trends? Which of these is your favorite? Which is your least favorite? Comment below! We love you, girls!