posted on August 3, 2012 at 4:04 am
Do you ever have days when it feels like everything is going wrong? Have you ever had days when it seems like everyone is upset with you or something you did?
I’ve had both types of days and I’m sure most of you have, too. But on those days, something that always helps me feel better is reading some of my favorite verses about God’s love – this can help when you feel lonely or depressed, too!
Here are my favorite verses about the love that our Father in heaven has for us!
- “But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, not things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:37-39). This helps me remember that nothing I go through and none of my emotions can separate me from God’s love for me.
- “The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy” (Zephaniah 3:17). This always reminds me that God enjoys being with me.
- “Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you” (1 Peter 5:6-7). I actually prayed this verse as a prayer when one of my cats (Nala) was really sick and needed surgery.
- “See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him” (1 John 3:1). This verse reminds me who God says that I am.
- “’For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope’” (Jeremiah 29:11). I don’t know about you, but if I think about the future too much, I get anxious. This helps me remember that God has my future under control.
Whether you are feeling loved or not, sometimes it’s just important to remember that we are loved by the Creator of the universe, God Almighty, our Abba Father.
What is your favorite Scripture about God’s love?
Give thanks to the God of heaven, for His lovingkindness is everlasting (Psalm 136:26).
Image: Thinkstock | istockphoto