posted on October 5, 2012 at 8:02 pm
PI readers, I may be a California girl at heart, but I still love fall and winter! As the temperatures start dropping and the leaves start changing color, I thought I’d make a list of my absolute favorite things about the holiday season.
1. Fall fashion: boots, scarfs and cute jackets! You can dress up your layers with leggings, long tees, cute dresses and a coat! Or for a more casual look, go with a knit sweater, a scarf and boots. Comfortable and fabulous!
[Image Credit: vogue.com]
2. Coffee and hot chocolate on a cold day. Who doesn’t love getting all bundled up and drinking hot tea or some nice coffee or cocoa on a rainy or cloudy day?
[Image Credit: tweetsweet.com]
3. Holidays! I love Christmas and spending the holiday season with family. I enjoy giving and having fun shopping for friends and family. It is always a neat time to decorate, sit by the fire, look at photo albums, watch good holiday movies and share in the celebration of our Savior’s birth. It is so special at church during candlelight services. Christmas is my favorite holiday!
[Image Credit: citiesxl.wikia.com]
4. Back to busy schedules. I love being busy, getting new office supplies, getting organized and planning out the near future! Do you like getting your planner and school supplies?
[Image Credit: plannerhack.com]
5. Holiday vacation and great times with family and friends. This time of year, we become more reflective, more aware of our family time and cherish special moments and holidays. I love making scrapbooks and preserving special memories.
[Image Credit: lestout.com]
6. Baking and holiday food. Turkey, anyone? I love holiday food, especially Thanksgiving food…delicious! Let us share the love in our baking and cooking, and be thankful as we do so.
[Image Credit: zazzle.com]
7. Holiday parties and get-togethers. I love getting together and celebrating with different friends. I love the holiday music, themed parties and getting dressed up. The best is the cider at get-togethers and the Christmas caroling parties!
[Image Credit: signupgenius.com]
8. Holiday (I mean Christmas!) music. I love how stores everywhere will be playing Christmas music…’tis the season to be jolly! I know I am getting ahead of myself, but I figure, we are heading in the direction of Christmas…so prepare! In fact, stores are already stringing the lights and have Christmas trees set out. Before you know it, they will be playing “Deck the Halls” and “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree.”
[Image Credit: sevennotesofgrace.wordpress.com]
9. Fall fashion magazines. For those of you who watched The Devil Wears Prada or follow Vogue magazine, you may be aware that the “September” issue is the most important issue of the season because it displays the upcoming fashion trends for the next season. I love getting fashion ideas and being excited for new looks!
[Image Credit: gabrielleteare.com]
10. Fall weather: get bundled up! I love the weather during the winter and fall because it just brings a different feeling in the air when the leaves start falling and the weather is crisp and cool. Don’t get me wrong, I love my sunny days in Cali, but there’s nothing like cozy nights by the fire with friends and family!
[Image Credit: shefinds.com]
PI readers, what is your favorite part of the fall and winter seasons? What is your favorite fall or winter holiday?
Image: Thinkstock | TongRo