posted on June 11, 2012 at 5:13 am
Society is so preoccupied with outer beauty that it’s easy to forget about one’s inner person. But it’s important to make sure that you radiate beauty from the inside out–remember, God is more concerned with who we are on the inside!
If you demonstrate inner beauty then your beauty will automatically radiate and EVERYONE will see it.
Consider this: who’s more attractive to you–a really mean pretty girl, or the average girl who radiates sunshine and happiness everywhere that she goes?
With that said, it’s time to see where your priorities are right now. Take this yes/no quiz to find out if inner or outer beauty is more important to you!
- Do you spend a lot of time obsessing about the latest trends in Hollywood?
- Are you embarrassed if you don’t have the newest fashions as soon as they arrive in stores?
- Do you spend more time on hair, makeup, and clothes than you do on reading the Bible, doing homework, and participating in other activities?
- Do you feel inadequate when you’re around other girls you think are really pretty?
- Do you feel that you have to wear makeup every day in order to be attractive?
- Do you dress a certain way to get boys to notice you or your friends to hang out with you?
- Do you believe only people who look a certain way will ever be successful in life?
- Are you embarrassed to hang out with people who aren’t as attractive as you are?
- Are you constantly dieting, even though your family and friends assure you that you look great?
- Do you call people names because of how they look?
8-10 “No” responses:
Congratulations! You understand that true beauty is reflected by who you are on the inside, not what you look like on the outside. Yes, as a co-heir to God’s Kingdom, you recognize the importance of always looking presentable, but you‘re good at achieving balance. You embrace your outer appearance because you know God wants you to look EXACTLY as you do, but you focus on being a shining light. You should be applauded!
5-7 “No” responses:
You know that inner beauty is more important than outer beauty, but sometimes the societal pressure is a little overwhelming. Always remember that God knew how you’d look before you were in your mother’s womb, so all of creation is beautiful to Him. Yes, it’s okay to want to look nice, but your appearance should not be your priority. TRUE beauty is defined by how you act and how you treat others, not your physical features.
4 or fewer “No” responses:
Sometimes you forget that TRUE beauty comes from the inside. God looks at your heart, not your outward appearance. You might want to spend a little more time nurturing your inner person and you’ll surprised at how much more confident and beautiful you become!
Remember, this quiz is just for fun and isn’t a scientific poll. Rely on the Holy Spirit to help you find your inner beauty!
Image: iStockphoto | Thinkstock