posted on July 25, 2012 at 9:58 am
Hey ladies! Did you get a chance to check out the styles at this year’s Teen Choice Awards?
The offering was definitely eclectic, but it was easy for me to determine my favorites. My choices have very little to do with the people wearing them. I am judging the outfits based on their modesty, appropriateness and style.
Below, you’ll find 10 dresses that I selected from the event. Some I liked, some I really didn’t like, and a few have a mix of positive and negative features. I put them in order from worst to best. I hope you enjoy my selections!
Image Credits:thesuperficial.com and radaronline.com
1. JoJo, I believe, is wearing the most immodest outfit out of the 10. It’s tight, it’s so short and it’s so inappropriate for the Teen Choice Awards.
2. Next to her is Jordin Sparks, who surprised me with her dress. I’ve not researched her fashion history, but I don’t remember her dressing sexy before. The plunging neckline and short skirt are immodest and I don’t think the style works for her.
Image Credits: Scott Kirkland/Fox
3. Carly Rae Jepsen’s skirt is just too short, and the design of her outfit doesn’t seem to work. Just like Demi Lovato’s dress, the pattern is chaotic.
4. Lovato’s dress is also a little tight. She needs some room to breathe.
Image Credits: Steve Granitz/WireImage and AP
5 & 6. Selena Gomez and Miranda Cosgrove are wearing pretty dresses, but they both have the same issue. Can you guess? Yes! They’re just a little too short, in my opinion. Gomez’ dress also had a very revealing neckline and her cleavage was out for the world to see. When choosing a skirt length, you really need to select something modest, and the big test is to sit down in it. I’m pretty sure these skirts would rise too high once the ladies sat down. The dresses themselves are very chic. I adore the color and design of Gomez’s dress and Cosgrove’s dress is so unique. A higher neckline for Gomez and a couple more inches on both and they would have been perfect.
Image Credits: Jeffrey Mayer/Wire and Jason Merritt/Getty
7. Victoria Justice chose a fun, flowing dress, which I thought was modest, although the high part of the high/low skirt could have been a little lower.
8. Taylor Swift always picks a beautiful, angelic dress–except for this one. I’ve noticed that Swift has been getting more daring as each major event comes along. This dress looks great. Flowing, the perfect length, a great modest neckline, very feminine color, but…the back is missing. Actually, there are a couple of straps back there, but they reach down her bare back and attach to the top of her waist. The design was very revealing from the sides. That was disappointing to me. I pray that Swift doesn’t continue trying to add more and more “sexy” to her style.
Image Credits: JeffreyMayer/WireImage
9. Zooey Deschanel is wearing one of my favorite dresses. Yes, your first instinct may be to call it boring, especially when compared to the usual offerings we are faced with. But honestly, it’s lovely and feminine and the color is gorgeous. No, it’s not a dress we see very often at these events, but I wish it was.
10. Lucy Hale is wearing my favorite dress of the 10. It’s a pretty but modest dress with fun, square cut-out shoulders. It’s the perfect color and length, and it looks great on her.
Now it’s your turn. Take my list and put them in your order of worst to best. Have fun! What do you think of my choices?