Want to Feel More Fulfilled In Your Life? Read This!
Written by Nicole
Posted on May 20, 2011 at 10:05 am
1. Never stop learning! The world is constantly changing, and you will feel stuck if you only stick to what you know, and what’s comfortable. Have you ever wanted to take a dance class? Perform in a play? Learn a new language? Go out and try it, and add more depth to your life. You’ll most likely make new friends! Plus, it’s a great conversation starter.
2. Share with others how they’re important to you. One of the key factors in a happy life is not what you look like, or how much money you have. True happiness is developing close bonds with your family, friends, and God. If you let them know how much you care about them, they will feel appreciated. Plus, it’s great karma!
3. Believe in yourself! God created you with special talents and unique gifts only suited for you- even if you don’t know them yet. Try and find out what they are, and believe in yourself! If you don’t, you won’t be able to achieve any of your goals.
4. Don’t face your problems alone. When we have a difficult decision, or we feel confused about something- always share with another person you care about! You will get a different perspective on how to deal with it, and you will ease some of your worries. You’ll also make them feel appreciated because they know their opinion is important to you!
5. Don’t let your belief in God fade! In the fallen world we live in, many people choose not to believe in God and to share that opinion with others to try and sway them. It’s SO important to stay close to God, so He can help you with everything in your life. Jesus said, “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
6. Don’t let you fears stop you from going after what you want! Don’t think “what if I don’t succeed?” One of my favorite quotes is from Tony Robbins, he says, “What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?” Remember this powerful quote to give you comfort into chasing your dream whatever it may be.
7. Volunteer in your community! When people give time to help others, it benefits the other person as well as you. Maybe you could help serve food at a homeless shelter, help a child to read, or donate your old clothes to Salvation Army. When you help others like this, it is pleasing to God and will help you find more purpose for your life. God says to us: “When you give to the poor, don’t let anyone know about it. Then your gift will be given in secret. Your Father knows knows what is done in secret, and he will reward you.”
8. It’s not about what happened, it’s how you think about it! When you make a bad decision, or don’t get the grade you wanted, or a boy doesn’t like you back- don’t feel guilty or sad. Always learn and grow from your supposed ‘failures’ and try to look at them positively so you can perhaps not make the same mistake! We all mess up, so don’t be too hard on yourself, okay?
9. Try to not care what others think of you! I know this one may be especially hard if you’re in high school. Everyone wants to fit in, but don’t ever compromise who you are in order for others to accept you. If you stick to your guns about what you like, and your opinion about things and your love for God- even if you don’t notice it right away, I’m telling you others will see that and you’ll be “cool” in their eyes for never backing down!
10. Be a peacemaker. No one likes a girl who is constantly stirring up a fight, talking negatively about others, or who isn’t pleasing to be with. Try to never say anything negative about someone else, because it will hurt your own heart, along with the other persons’ feelings. Always remember this: Whatever mean thing you say, imagine them saying that about you. When you are kind to everyone, you will feel more satisfied in your own life!
I hope these tips helped you; I try to remember all of these in my life too. I recommend to print this out, and put it in your journal. Or you can re-write them tailored to yourself, or post this on your desk where you can see it daily. What tip is your favorite? Let me know!