You Are the Star of Your Own Fairy Tale!
Written by Jenn Arman
Posted on May 21, 2012 at 8:00 am
Confession time: Don’t you sometimes wish you lived in a fairy tale? When I was young, I know I did. I wanted to be a princess, and I wanted to be brave. I wanted to go on a quest and fight evil. I don’t think I’m alone in this — we all want to live a fairy tale life.
I have news for you…If you are a Christian, then you are living a fairy tale life. I can say this with confidence because I have read a lot of fairy tales and there are certain things that are common to fairy tales that girls love.
- A princess or a girl who is elevated to princess status because of her character and deeds
- A prince or a man with honor, chivalry, an honest and true character
- A quest or journey that will allow the princess to gain something she truly desires
- A villain – someone who is trying to keep the princess from accomplishing her goal through distraction, pain, deception and other sneaky methods.
- Love. There is always love in fairy tales. It could be the love of a prince or a parent but there is always love.
Okay, I know what you’re thinking: You said my life is a fairy tale; so how does this apply to me?
- You are the princess! You may not feel like it all the time, I certainly don’t, but that doesn’t make it less true. If you’re God’s girl, then your daddy is the King of Kings and that, my dear, makes you a princess.
- You may not have found that one great guy yet, but if you’re a Christian, then there’s still a prince in your life. “For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.” — Isaiah 9:6
- The quest/journey is your life. I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait to be face to face with Jesus. To have Him wipe away all my tears and know that I will never again feel any negative emotions. “…and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.” — Revelation 21:4
- The villain. Just for clarification, it’s Satan. “The field is the world, and the good seed represents the people of the Kingdom. The weeds are the people who belong to the evil one. The enemy who planted the weeds among the wheat is the devil…” — Matthew 13:38-39
- Love. You may feel totally loved or you may be in a situation where you don’t feel loved at all; either way your Father in heaven, the King of all Kings, loves you with His whole heart and that is a way bigger, stronger and greater love than we can possibly imagine. You are loved.
So then beloved princesses, let’s live a life worthy of our royal title: princesses of grace, warrior princesses, beloved daughters of the King of Kings. Let’s live out our fairy tales, stand strong in Christ and wait patiently for our happily ever after.
“For you are all daughters [sons] of God through faith in Christ Jesus.” — Galatians 3:26