Hey girls, would you all agree with me that there’s really no love on earth like the love of God?
Well, with Valentine’s Day earlier this month, spring around the corner and just because it’s still the beginning of a new year, we want to take some time and focus on 10 important Bible verses on love. All of these verses are from the New American Standard Bible.
- But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. – Romans 5:8
- There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. – 1 John 4:18
- “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” – Matthew 5:43-45
- Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor. – Romans 12:9-10
- We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren – 1 John 3:16
- For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. – Romans 8:38
- The Lord appeared to him (Israel) from afar, saying, “I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness.” – Jeremiah 31:3
- But when the kindness of God our Savior and his love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according the His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit – Titus 3:4-5
- Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. – John 14:23
- “Can a woman forget her nursing child and have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, but I will not forget you. Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; your walls are continually before Me.” – Isaiah 49:15-16
I hope that each of us decides to make this the year that we show the world what it truly means to love others.
But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. – 1 Timothy 1:5
Girls, what are your favorite verses about God’s love?
More Stories Like This on Project Inspired: