10 Awesome Things That Happen When You Embrace Singleness Instead of Fighting It
Written by Brittney Moses | February 21, 2017
When we find ourselves discontent with any season of our life, it’s usually because we’re too preoccupied with wishing we were somewhere else. True contentment comes when we can learn to love, accept and make the most of the life we have right now! This is especially the case when it comes to the single years. Being happy or miserable as a single woman all comes down to the perspective you choose to have! Here are 10 awesome reasons why you should embrace your singleness instead of fighting it.
1. You dive into your skills and hobbies and fall in love with discovering your passions.
2. You stop comparing your life and genuinely celebrate the wins of those around you.
3. You stop trying to control your love life and trust God for your journey.
4. You get closer to God when you surrender your future to Him every day.
5. You let go of the bitterness of waiting on God and become grateful that He’s saving you for His best. #PerspectiveChange
6. You’re able to give love back to your friends, family and community and invest in them as much as you want.
7. You’re free from the bondage of needing a guy and can freely enjoy your life.
8. You’re able to set godly standards for your future relationships instead of jumping into them from a place of desperation.
9. You can place more focus on developing yourself mentally, physically, spiritually and financially. You might never get this level of time for yourself again.
10. You stop depending on your relationship status to validate your worth and start finding worth in who God made and called you to be.