Girls, did you know that the YouVersion Bible app by LifeChurch.tv is the #1 most downloaded app by Christians for both iOS and Android users? According to the website, the YouVersion Bible app has been downloaded to more than 100 million devices worldwide! I’ll bet that many of you girls have the app on your phone or tablet (I have it on both!).
I love this app—it’s such an easy way to have the Bible at your fingertips all the time. Although I’m a book lover and prefer the experience of having an actual Bible with me when I can, sometimes all I have is my phone, and having the Bible app is great when I need some encouragement from God’s Word.
Today, I want to share my 10 favorite YouVersion reading plans.
- Elisha: A Tale of Ridiculous Faith. As you may have guessed, this reading plan covers the life of the prophet Elisha, successor to Elijah. I honestly don’t know that much about Elisha’s life, but I love the title of this reading plan. I want to live a life of ridiculous faith! This reading plan is only 13 days long, so you can complete it in less than two weeks.
- Revealing Jesus with Darlene Zschech. Darlene Zschech has been part of the Hillsong music movement for many years. This 15-day reading plan includes videos and worship songs from Darlene’s new album Revealing Jesus and devotions from her book of the same title.
- Tenth Avenue North – The Overflow Devo. This is a seven-day plan. I added it to the list because when I saw Tenth Avenue North at Winter Jam, I got to hear them talk about having a heart for the current generation of teens and young adults and ministering to them through music. I love Christians with hearts for youth!
- Greek Myths and Roman Roads – A Study on Worship. This plan is only two days, but any plan that gives more insight into living a life of worship is, in my opinion, worth reading.
- The Fascinating Love of God: Devotions with John Piper. John Piper is an amazing pastor and teacher. If you’re looking to be fascinated by God this year, I highly recommend this three-day reading plan as a place to start.
- God’s Pleasure in Creation: Devotions with John Piper. Another John Piper three-day reading plan. I put it on here for those of us who love the outdoors. Learn how God designed creation in order to point us back to Him.
- Capacity: Student Leadership. Don’t wait until you’re an adult to lead! Learn how to step up and do it now with this five-day plan.
- Temptation. Does anyone besides me feel like there are more temptations when we’re in school than when we’re on vacation? Maybe that’s just me when I’m in college classes, but if you struggle with temptation, this seven-day plan might be a good one for you.
- Steven Furtick: Sun Stand Still Devotional. This plan is five days. I love the “impossible” miracles we see in the Bible. We serve a God who isn’t limited by the “impossible” and I want to live an impossible life. This plan challenges believers to ask God for the impossible.
- Why Does God Love Me? Who doesn’t need to be reminded of God’s love every now and then? If you’ve struggled with sin for a long time, you might wonder how God could keep loving you. Well, this five-day plan will help answer that question.
These reading plans are great ways to continue our daily habit of reading the Bible that we developed through the Book-a-Week Bible Challenge!
“For the gracious hand of his God was upon him. For Ezra had set his heart to study the law of the Lord, and to do it, and to teach the statutes and ordinances in Israel.” —Ezra 7:9-10
Girls, what is your favorite Bible reading plan?
More Stories Like This on Project Inspired: