Back to School
10 Back-to-School Fall Trends and Outfit Ideas
Written by Christi Given | August 27, 2016
[Image: Teen Vogue]
Back-to-school time is here, unfortunately, for some of you who are enjoying that summer vacation, and for those of you who have not yet had to return, the time is approaching. Of course, here at Project Inspired, we support education and love learning, but we will miss those sun rays, lemonade stands and beachy pool days!
Let’s get started on some of my favorite looks for this fall and upcoming school season below! I have 10 outfit or accessory ideas for you, compiled predominately from the inspiration of Teen Vogue magazine, but there are other sources, too! Hope you PI Girls enjoy, and let me know YOUR favorite trend or look in the comments below.
1. Long Skirts with Sneakers: Skirts are in, of course, during the summer, but will continue to be with sneakers in the fall, as long as they are long skirts…do you like this trend? Would you wear this?
2. Metallics: Whether it’s a blouse, sunnies, backpack or purse, metallic is in this fall! Do you like metallics?
3. Hats, Stripes and Pointy Flats: Pointy shoes are the new style this fall. Whether they’re heels or flats, you will be on trend. And, of course, stripes are always fashionable with hipster hats (my personal favorite!).
4. Overalls: No, they’re not just for farmers, but for those Vogue girls, too. What do you PI Girls think of overall shorts or pants? Do you wear them?
5. The Purse Backpack: The backpack that is more of a “bag” is in this season, so try to upgrade from the normal Jansport look (although it is very resourceful), and push up your style with a purse backpack!
6. Flare Jeans: Do you like high-rise jeans or, even better, flared high-water jeans? These are so trendy right now, including the different shades of jean-distress designs. Do you prefer dark, faded, ripped or white jeans?
7. The Choker: If you haven’t already noticed, the thin black choker from the ’90s is back in…so let’s get with it! 😉 No pressure, but yes, if you’re into style and want to know what’s hot, this is it!
8. Cut-Out Shoulder Sweaters: Do you like the off-the-shoulder look? Then you will like this sweater cut-out trend happening now.
9. Sleeveless Blazers: Long blazers without sleeves are cute over dresses, with jeans and any blouse…and voilà! You are in vogue, as they say.
10. Bow Blouses: Long-sleeve blouses with bows or ties are super in this fall. Check out this beautiful blouse from H&M!
PI Girls, what is YOUR favorite outfit idea and fall look for school? Comment below! Any other trend ideas? Share them with the PI community!