Back to School
10 Back-to-School Ideas and Inspiring Ways to Study!
Written by Christi Given | September 6, 2017
PI Girls, it’s that time of year again…yes, it’s back-to-school season! I wanted to inspire you with lots of ideas through some highlights I’ve listed below, and I’ve also included some hacks from YouTube vloggers. The beginning of the school year can be super fun instead of dreadful, and we want to give you some different pointers to make the school year more interesting and easier for you!
10 Back-to-School Hacks
1. Change your study location. You can change the location of where you normally study to switch up your routine, whether that’s in a new coffee shop or outside by the beach. Do you have a regular study spot? Where do you study and focus?
2. Color-code your notes. Make your notes more fun to read and review by color-coding them.
[Image: Jill Cimorelli]
3. Make a song to memorize material. If you can’t seem to memorize your material for school, then make up a song or use a melody you already know to get the material better stuck in your head. (Because I’m a singer, I’d have to say this is my favorite study hack!)
4. Look up practice tests online. Be fully prepared for those exams by looking up sample tests online.
5. Study with a buddy. If you have a difficult time studying alone or if you have questions on the material, partner with a friend and your study session will be much more enjoyable! Plus, you can help each other out!
6. Condense your notes. YouTuber Tara Michelle recommends consolidating your notes into a smaller one-page summary with the main highlights. You can take a photo of the notes and review it while on the bus or between classes so it sticks in your memory.
7. Create a playlist to play before school. YouTuber Glanz Guru suggests creating a playlist that would be the length it takes you to get ready for school. By creating a set playlist, it can get you back into the school routine and help you to be on time while you have fun getting ready.
8. Copy and paste your essay into Google Translate. By copying and pasting your essay into Google translate, you can hear the audio of the playback for your essay and listen for any mistakes. If you don’t have a friend to read it back to you out loud, this helps!
9. Use sanitizer to remove Sharpie stains on clothing. If you accidentally get Sharpie ink marker on your clothes, sanitizer will help remove the stain. Another hack for Sharpies is if the ink is running low, dip the marker into rubbing alcohol and the marker should last longer!
10. Use RescueTime’s website to track your productivity. If you want to see how much you’re using social media versus academic websites, you can go to rescuetime.com to monitor how often you’re on certain sites so you can better manage your time.
Watch YouTuber Tara Michelle’s video “10 Back-to-School Life Hacks Everyone Should Know 2017.”
Check out Glanz Guru’s video “25+ Back-to-School Life Hacks 2017-18 & Life Hacks For School EVERYONE Should Know.”
PI Girls, do you have any back-to-school ideas or life hacks? Share them below!