10 Bible Verses on Why a Guy Can’t Make You Whole, But Jesus Can
Written by Christi Given | May 20, 2016
A lot of our PI Girls ask about relationships and want to be loved and pursued by boys. Of course it’s normal to want to be loved and to want to show affection, but realize ultimately only Jesus can fill you and satisfy you. Only Christ the Lord can truly fill you with joy and peace.
People come and go, but God never leaves us or forsakes us. Our parents even may hurt our feelings or may not stay, but Jesus the rock, will remain.
When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
Below I will be giving you some scripture verses about the Lord’s faithfulness, love and loyalty toward you!
10 Verses That Show Why God, Not Guys, Should Be #1 in Our Hearts
1. God never leaves His People/Believers: “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)
2. Jesus is our Prince: The Bible says that Jesus is the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6). We are called the Bride as the church, and the Lord is the Groom, representing the Lord’s affection for us. We need to know we are spiritually married to the Lord.
3. God keeps His Word: “Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; He is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love Him and keep his commandments.” (Deuteronomy 7:9)
4. We are the Lord’s Bride: “Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure’—for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.” (Revelation 19:7-8)
5. God is our Provider: We have everything we need in Christ. He shall supply ALL of our needs and His name is Jehovah, which means provider! (Philippians 4:19)
6. We are Married to the Lord Spiritually: “For your Maker is your husband—the Lord Almighty is his name—the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth.” (Isaiah 54:5)
7. God Satisfies: “Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.” (Psalm 107:8-9)
8. God is Enough: Like the musician Lecrae says, the Lord is always enough. He will always be there and is trustworthy. Listen to Lecrae’s song “God Is Enough.”
9. You are whole and healed in Christ: Christ wants your whole heart, not half, so give Him your life and let Him be Lord, and He will heal all your iniquities. You may be broken or feel unworthy of love, but you are loved by Him! “Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” (John 4:14)
10. God replaces your Ashes with Beauty and Turns the Bad into His Goodness: No matter who you have turned to that was not enough, the Lord is enough! You will see Jesus (the living water) quenches your thirst and He makes what’s wrong right and can turn it all around if you repent and seek Him with your whole being. Ask for help in areas of unbelief and just walk, and you shall see His glory. I promise.
…for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor. (Isaiah 61:3)
PI Girls, precious ones…how can I pray for you? Comment below!
Find Christi on social media: @christigiven.