Most people are out of school now, but even if you are wrapping up finals, you can still apply these great hacks to your life. Most of these tips have to do with lying in the sun, and some are just cool projects you can do for summer!
For these hacks, many of the ideas stemmed from Katie Betzing and Breanna Renee, who did two summer collaboration videos on YouTube. Check out their links below and subscribe to their YouTube channels!
1. Use Deodorant to Stop Itchy Bug Bites: I got this hack from Breanna Renee’s YouTube channel. Let us know if this tip works!
2. Use a Sandwich Bag as a Phone Case at the Pool or Beach: If you don’t want sand or water getting on your phone even if you have a screen protector, a sandwich bag is a great way to protect it.
3. Decorate Your Phone Charger With Colorful Tape: For a fun project, buy cute, colorful patterned tape from Office Depot, Target or your nearest office supply store and decorate your phone charger to brighten up your smartphone.
4. Use a Muffin Tray for Ice Cream Toppings: You can fill a cupcake or muffin tray with sprinkles, chopped fruit, chocolate chips, yogurt chips or any favorite goodies you like. Have a fun sundae bar with friends or family. Enjoy! (Source: YouTuber Brianna Renee)
5. Avoid Hot Sandals by the Pool: When you arrive at the beach or pool, flip over your flip-flops and you won’t have burning-hot sandals from sitting out in the sun.
6. Use Milk to Cool Off a Bad Sunburn: Put some milk on a towel and cool off the heat. Sounds like it would work…what do you think, PI Girls? (Source: everydayroots.com)
7. Use Dryer Sheets in Your Suitcase: Want your clothes to smell extra fresh? Put a scented dryer sheet in your suitcase or in your tennis shoes.
8. Use Baby Powder to Remove Sand: Sounds weird, but you can use baby powder to remove sand from your feet and legs if it doesn’t come off. Try it and let us know if it works!
9. Use a Cupcake Liner to Keep Bugs Out of Your Drink: Poke a hole where your straw would go in the center of the liner. Just place it on top of your cup and it will keep those tiny insects out of your summer lemonade or other iced drink.
10. Use Lemons in a Spray Bottle for Lighter Hair: Cut lemons in half, squeeze them into some water and put it into a spray bottle. Use it on your hair before tanning or lying out in the sun.
Watch the YouTube video from Brianna Renee for more summer tips:
Check out Katie Betzing’s channel and YouTube video:
PI Girls, do you have any summer hacks? Comment below!