Beauty & Fashion
10 Fashion Trends for Summer 2016
Written by Christi Given | June 21, 2016
We are on the “heels” of summer, and since it’s just around the corner, I want to share with you some fashion tips and trends to look out for. From gladiator sandals to white jeans, straw bags and slipper mules, it’s all right here on PI!
1. Slipper Loafers: These shoes can be simple, sleek and solid in color, or bright and bold with a pattern. Pair with jeans or cut-offs and you have a simple and comfortable look.
2. White Jeans: Hot hot hot is what white jeans are this summer season! According to Elle magazine, you will want to wear cut-offs, culottes, straight-leg jeans, flared, high-waisted…basically, however you wear white in jeans, do it.
3. Gladiator Sandals: These high-leg, tie-up shoes are fashionable with dresses or slack shorts, and are fun and unique to try.
4. Straw Bags and Purses: This may seem obvious, but these purses aren’t just made for the beach, but also for wearing on the town. So don’t be ashamed if your purse has leftover sand on it as residue—wear the straw bag bravely this season!
5. One-Piece Swimsuit: One-pieces are not only in this season, but are also modest and the hottest. Would you prefer to wear a one-piece, two-piece or tankini?
6. Cotton Dresses, Checkers and More: Not only is black and white in, but loose cotton comfortable dresses are also in, and off-the-shoulder dresses and tops are hot!
7. Blue and Orange and Off-the-Shoulder: These color palettes are in, along with ’70s attire. Think bright, bold stripes, patterns and solids.
8. Angular Necklines: According to WhoWhatWear, the new trend now is “angled necklines.” Interesting, right? Well, here are sample ideas of what to wear when pulling off this look! I’m personally not a fan of this—what do you think, girls?
9. Ear Art: Wearing earrings that are mismatched is totally in, so if you lose an earring, no big deal—just swap and match with a fun one that goes with your outfit. This is big on the runway.
10. Bows: These cute decals or details are in on dresses or blouses. You don’t have to have a large bow for it to be a trendsetting look; a cute little bow on your outfit will do just fine and is feminine and fun! Bows are so me! Do you like them, PI Girls? Comment below!!
What is YOUR favorite trend? Mine is ear art (I love earrings), and I LOVE bows or anything very girlie or feminine chic. What about you? Comment below. Happy summer!