As we are in the winter break season, there are many fun holiday things to do. I wanted to inspire you with some Christmas festivities that you can do with your family and friends or by yourself, from decorating to volunteering to sightseeing. Check out the 10 ideas below!
PI Girls, do you have any holiday traditions or special things you like to do for fun during the Christmas season? Comment below!
1. Go ice skating: A classic fun winter activity!
2. Make hot chocolate: Homemade cocoa with large marshmallows is best!
3. Go to Disneyland or Disneyworld: Don’t live in California or Florida? Choose a zoo with themed Christmas lights or a special landmark in your hometown and make it a special day with family and friends.
4. Look at Christmas Lights: Near where I live, there is a local area nicknamed “Candy Cane Lane,” where almost every house on this particular street is decorated.
5. Make Gingerbread Houses: Get some gal pals together and decorate a cute candy, sugar-filled gingerbread house. Listen to Christmas music and take photos for a fun experience!
6. Be Involved at Your Local Church: Get on the volunteer list for your church and be a part of the Christmas production or ask if there are any needs in the church.
7. Serve the Homeless: Serving others and giving your time in your local community brings such joy. I know it doesn’t sound “fun” initially, but serving at a soup kitchen and giving to others in need is so important this time of year.
8. Christmas Movie Marathon: Watch Christmas films with family or your best girls one night. Here are some ideas: The Bishop’s Wife, Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street, It’s a Wonderful Life, Charlie Brown Christmas and more!
9. Make Your Own Ornaments: Go to a store like Michael’s or Target and get some DIY decorations, and gather some neighbors to do a fun decorating day. You can have everything holiday-themed with Christmas snacks: popcorn, candy canes, hot cocoa, and twinkle lights. Make your own personal ornaments or gifts for family members or friends.
10. Go Christmas Caroling: Singing classic Christmas songs is a great way to get into the holiday spirit. Also, tuning into either Pandora’s or Spotify’s Christmas station is a great way to start getting in the holiday mood.
PI Girls, what is YOUR favorite way to be festive and celebrate the holidays? Share with us in the comments below!