10 Job Ideas for Those Who Love to Travel
Written by Christi Given | November 26, 2015
This week on the Girl Talk forum, a PI Girl contributed by giving some ideas to the PI community on different job ideas if you like to travel. I also compiled a list of ideas, and some are similar to what was recommended by the writer.
This is a fun topic, especially for those of you in high school or college, or about to go to college next year, to get you started thinking about your future. If you like to travel, consider these ideas!
Click here to join the forum or to read the PI Girl’s suggestions.
Here are 10 job ideas for those who enjoy traveling.
1. Flight attendant: Being a flight attendant opens the door to travel naturally, of course. Also, through the airline you work with, you could get some free flights or great discounts to go on some vacations.
2. Singer or musician: If you like singing, and have the time and talent, being a professional musician may allow you to travel either for touring purposes or even public speaking engagements.
3. Travel agent: As a booking agent, you can help people with their vacations and travel plans, but you can also get some deals on your own personal travel!
4. Photojournalist: Are you a National Geographic fan or do you desire to take photos in tropical or rural places? Start with some basic photography and journalism classes and consider pursuing this field if you think that this would be appealing to you!
5. Missionary: Do you have a heart for international missions or to share the Gospel around the world? Traveling with the purpose of fulfilling the Great Commission (Matthew 28:16-20) may be a calling that God wants you do. Pray about this, connect with your local church, talk to your parents and see if this is something you would consider doing.
6. Dancer: Are you interested in touring the world someday with a singer, band, dance company or production? This can be an excellent way to use your talent in this field and also get a chance to see the world.
7. International businessperson: Get involved in a company that requires you to travel. You may consider getting a business degree and figure out where and what avenue would be the best for you to take. You may want to consider getting a master’s in International Management (MIM).
8. Pilot: This is more of a job I see men doing, but hey, women are getting jobs like this, too! You can go to flight school, learn to be a pilot and start flying around the world!
9. Actress: If you want to film on different set locations and be able to pursue your passion of acting, then consider taking classes in theatre and developing your acting skills. Get an agent or a manager and become a part of the SAG-AFTRA actors’ union, and over time, you can grow your portfolio and hopefully can work in different parts of the country or the world.
10. Worship leader: You may not be able to make a high salary from leading worship, but that doesn’t mean you won’t be spiritually rich. You also can potentially travel throughout the country getting booked at different churches, and possibly going to other places in the world to lead others in music and into God’s presence…what an honor and what neat experiences you could have abroad!
PI Girls, do you think you would do any of these jobs or pursue any of these careers? Comment below!