Music & Culture
10 New Songs to Add to Your Playlist
Written by Christi Given | November 24, 2018
This month, I want to add some songs to your iTunes, Apple or Spotify playlist. I found some new tracks and discovered new releases or inspirational songs I think you would like. Let me know if you have heard of these bands, artists or songs by commenting about YOUR favorite track or singer below!
1. “Do It Again” (Radio Edit) by Elevation Worship: I love this version, not to mention it’s one of my favorite worship songs right now. This version is more pop-electric than the live worship sound that the original track has.
2. “You Found Me” by Switchfoot: This song was from the movie Unbroken, the Christian version of Angelina Jolie’s movie about Louie Zamperini, except it tells the full story of faith.
3. “Every Little Thing” by Hillsong’s Young & Free band: “Whether I can see it now, I know you will work it out for Good, cuz everything will be just fine….” I love these lyrics of hope and truth. Listen to the words. LOVE Y&F!
4. “Just Give Me Jesus” by Unspoken: This song is so powerful and this band is new, but reminds me of Gavin DeGraw’s voice. I love the lyrics about striving to open doors but realizing we have everything in Christ Jesus our Lord:
“I work so hard, tryna open every door / Search near and far, turning over every stone / I close my eyes, instead I find no rest / No rest for a restless heart / All I’ve been chasing, putting my faith in / Let it fade, let it break into pieces…
“Just give me Jesus (Jesus) / Just give me Jesus (Jesus) / There’s nothing I desire (I desire) / That can’t be found in You (found in You) / You’re everything that I’ve ever needed / Just give me Jesus (oh-ohh….) ….”
5. “Even Then” by Micah Tyler: Tyler is a newer artist but I really like his lyrics and voice. This song is very real and raw but is full of love, inspiration and light.
6. “Met by Love” by United Pursuit: This live worship band is somewhat of an acoustic collective, similar to Housefires with Pat Barrett. I love their sound and their live worship videos. Check out this song—it’s so anointed and powerful.
7. “Running in Circles” by Will Reagan from United Pursuit: I love the honesty in this song and how when we run to other things beside God, we end up spinning our wheels and “run in circles.” We go through life, trials and different seasons, but ultimately we should be chasing Jesus. He is our only source of joy and peace. He is the only one who satisfies.
8. “This Girl” by Lauren Daigle: As many of you may have heard, Daigle’s album hit the top of the charts at #1, and she was featured on Ellen and more! Check out her new song from her album, Look Up Child.
9. “Love Somebody” by Francesca Battistelli: The worship CCM artist released this song recently, and over the summer got more than 7 million views on YouTube for her “Breakup Song.” Check out her new track!
10. “Masterpiece” by Danny Gokey: This American Idol winner and contestant released his latest song earlier this spring. This song is about how God shapes us even through our hurt and pain. God takes our broken pieces and makes a mosaic, a masterpiece, if you will…if we will surrender and trust Him. Let God heal you, and believe He has GOOD in store for you.
PI Girls, what’s YOUR favorite track?