10 One-Sentence Reminders You Need to Hear
Written by Phylicia Masonheimer | May 11, 2018
The Bible is full of promises from and about God. These promises form our basis for righteous living. And while the Christian life is not about us—our purpose, our feelings, our goals—knowing Jesus changes how we live. The Word of God teaches us everything we need for life and godliness, and sometimes we need a reminder of those truths.
Many of us read Bible verses on Pinterest and Instagram, and those words are so beneficial. But today I’m distilling those truths down to one-sentence reminders you can use as a jumping-off point for further study of the Word and encouragement to seek God right where you are.
Whether you’re discouraged, scared, hurt, overwhelmed or anxious, these truths will show you God’s heart for your life. You are not unseen. The love of Jesus is our foundation for every good work we do. If we want the strength and wisdom to face each day, we need to start with the truth of God’s word. This changes how we understand Him and, in turn, how we view ourselves.
And when we view ourselves accurately, we bring Christ to all our relationships. So no matter where you are today, here’s what you need to hear.
- Even when the temptation feels overwhelming, God ALWAYS offers you a way of escape. (1 Corinthians 10:13)
- Jesus is completely worthy to be trusted because there is no darkness in Him—ever. (1 John 1:5)
- If God speaks, He will act, and if He promises something, He will fulfill it. (Numbers 23:19)
- God is perfect, His Word is perfect and He will guard you with His life when you hide yourself in Him. (Psalm 18:30)
- Your Savior Jesus will bear your burdens every single day. (Psalm 68:19)
- God Himself will equip you for whatever you face today. (2 Samuel 22:32)
- The Lord sheds light on confusing situations when you don’t know which way to go. (2 Samuel 22:29)
- God will give you the graciousness you need to love those around you. (2 Corinthians 9:8)
- You can rely on the love God has for you. (1 John 4:16)
- You were created to be like God—holy, good and righteous. (Ephesians 4:24)
It’s easy to skim these and move on with your day, so before you do, I suggest picking one that speaks to your heart in this season. Write it down on your hand, a sticky note or on your phone. Put it where you can see it—save it as your lock screen or tape it to your steering wheel. Then read the actual verse in the context of the whole passage.
Knowing who God is will change you. You don’t have to try to change yourself; you must simply come to Him. Know Him. And let Him do His work.