Memorizing scripture is such a powerful way to apply God’s Word to our lives, especially in the hardest of times. Remembering his commands and promises helps keep our minds going in the right direction when life’s distractions fight to steal the peace and assurance of our faith from our heart.
Here are a few short but powerful scriptures worth committing to memory. We even suggest writing them on some flashcards if that helps!
1. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12)
2. Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. (1 Chronicles 16:11)
3. For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)
4. Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)
5. Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5)
6. When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. (Psalm 56:3)
7. I can do all this through Him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13)
8. Do everything without complaining and arguing… (Philippians 2:14)
9. Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later. (Romans 8:18)
10. Commit your actions to the LORD, and your plans will succeed. (Proverbs 16:3)
Are there any other verses you’ve found to be the most memorable to you? Share them in the comments below!