We’ve all had those times when it’s hard to worship God, or when circumstances can cause us to forget the things God has already done for us. When you can’t think of reasons to worship or you just want to worship God for something you don’t think of normally, let these inspire you!
- Worship God for Creation; not just for what we see outside, but for the stars, planets and galaxies. Worship Him for His creation of you. Pick out your favorite thing about yourself and worship God for creating you with that trait (Genesis 1-2; Psalm 139:14).
- Worship God because He commands it. This might sound a little strange, worshiping God for a command He’s given to us, but think of it this way–He could’ve commanded us to do much more unpleasant things! I’d rather be commanded to worship than to jump off of a mountain, for example (Deuteronomy 6:13).
- Worship God because He is faithful when we’re not (Isaiah 30:18).
- Worship God because He has a plan for your life. It doesn’t matter if you know what His plan is; worship Him anyway because there is a plan for you (Jeremiah 29:11).
- Worship God for the Bible. How cool is it that we don’t have to guess what God wants from us? We don’t have to wonder if He loves us. He has given us His Word to read and study so we can know Him as well as we want (John 20:31).
- Worship God for His unfailing love (Psalm 13:5).
- Worship God because He takes us back when we stray (Joel 2:13).
- Worship God because He never ever leaves us (Joshua 1:5).
- Worship God because His character doesn’t depend on how we feel. This is probably the most reassuring thing to me because I’m very emotional. If who God is was determined by how I feel, then God would be less like God and more like a roller coaster! (Numbers 23:19)
- Worship God for Jesus Christ (1 Peter 3:18).
What are some other reasons you can think of to worship God?
Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth. Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before Him with joyful singing. Know that the Lord Himself is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him, bless His name. For the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations (Psalm 100).