A true sister in Christ is a diamond in the rocks. If you’ve got a friendship like this, consider yourself blessed!
1. She’s the first person you message when the pastor confirms everything you guys just talked about the day before.
2. Conversations turn into sermons and now you’re both preachin’…
3. You might be introverted or maybe feeling down, but when she calls, it awakens your spirit.
4. You can talk about anything at any hour and it always becomes edifying.
5. She prays with you…
6. She tells you the gospel truth no matter what because she loves you.
7. Especially when guys are out of line…
8. She’s trustworthy and has no part in the gossip game.
9. When your favorite worship song comes on, it’s like…
10. And even though you guys may not get to see each other as much as you’d like, there’s no distance in the spirit. You’re still as close as ever…
So what does the Bible say that applies to having a best friend in Christ?
- She’s loyal: “A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother (or sister).” (Proverbs 18:24)
- She’s selfless: “Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.” (John 15:13)
- She’s edifying: “Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.” (Proverbs 27:17) And: “Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.” (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
- She’s a good influence: “Do not be deceived: ‘Bad company ruins good morals.'” (1 Corinthians 15:33)
- She’s honest: “Better is open rebuke than hidden love. Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy.” (Proverbs 27:5-6)
- She loves you wholeheartedly: “Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace.” (1 Peter 4:8-10)
What do you believe are important qualities of a godly friendship? Comment below!