Are you ready, PI Girls, to go back to school or are you still wanting to squeeze one more summer vacay in? Are you someone who gets excited for school like I used to? I used to love buying school supplies and new clothes for the semester. Plus, a benefit of going back to school is seeing your friends again.
This month, I want to share some back-to-school hacks that will benefit you and get you into school mode. Yes, it’s hard to part with the summer season, but change is inevitable.
Here are 10 tips for you to apply to your studying and ideas on how to focus. Get ready for the fall semester!
Click here to check out YouTuber Alyssa Ruby’s favorite back-to-school hacks, some of which are listed below.
1. Listen to Instrumental Music While Studying: Sometimes the words are a distraction when I’m studying because I’m a songwriter and I really pick up on lyrics. What about you, PI Girls? Do you listen to classical or instrumental music while reading or focusing on your work? They’ve proven in studies that it helps you while reading.
2. FreeMyApps: Make money by downloading FreeMyApps, then collect points and earn gift cards. (This is just for extra cash for those who are busy studying and maybe want to earn some gift certificates.)
3. Quizlet App: Use this app to make digital flashcards for exams.
4. Drink Water to Help Avoid Getting Called on in Class: Don’t want to answer a hard question or get called on by the teacher? Just drink some water or cough, says YouTuber Alyssa Ruby. This hack sounds so funny, but she said if you’re drinking water or coughing, the professor most likely won’t call on you.
5. Check Your Grades Weekly: Teachers can accidentally put the wrong test score in and can make mistakes, so it is ultimately your responsibility to double check your grades and progress.
6. Use a Study Guide for Notes: In the beginning of the semester, most teachers will hand out a core syllabus or outline of what you will be studying. You can be proactive and start prepping before you get in the whirlwind of the semester.
7. Drink H2O: Buy a thermos or water bottle and refill it so you can stay hydrated. Water not only is beneficial for brain activity, but also keeps you energized and alert.
8. Hide Your Cell Phone: Literally, if you have to put your phone in the room next door while you are, studying do it! Sometimes cell phones can be so distracting. If you need your phone for studying, that is an exception, but try to use your laptop instead. You can also use apps to keep you off social media. That leads me to my next point.
9. SelfControl App: This app helps block social media for periods of time so you can focus on your work. While studying, it can be tempting to click on Instagram or to scroll on Facebook, which can delay your study session and waste time. Be more efficient by just downloading the app.
10. Set a Timer on Your Phone: You can go to the clock feature on your smartphone and set a 30-minute to one-hour time frame that you can dedicate to studying. This timer will help you focus and be disciplined within that 30 minutes to one hour. This seems simple, but when you set boundaries and time frames, it will help you be better focused and organized!
PI Girls, what hack will you benefit from this coming semester? Comment below!