10 Things for the Single Girl to Remember in the Middle of “Cuffing Season”
Written by Brittney Moses | November 18, 2017
It’s getting cold outside. Couples are wrapped up in each other’s arms. Your family asks if you’re seeing anyone yet. The Hallmark Channel is releasing new episodes of the perfect holiday romance. Christmas lights begin to line the streets. That magical feeling is in the air. Oh yes, “cuffing season” is officially upon us. Culturally, it’s the idea that this is the time to settle down and couple up so you won’t end up spending the holidays alone.
However, there are so many more reasons to not settle in the face of vulnerability or pressure during this time. In fact, you can have a perfectly fulfilling holiday season with or without a boyfriend and it’s all about how you choose to spend your time! So here are 10 things to keep in mind when you’re a single girl in the middle of “cuffing season.”
1. Never make your decisions out of loneliness. It almost always makes you overlook red flags and is harder to get out of.
2. Remember romance isn’t the only form of love. You can spend more quality time being present with friends and family and getting to know yourself during this time!
3. Your journey may look different from those around you and that’s okay. God’s purpose for you was never defined by your relationship status.
4. Single doesn’t automatically mean lonely and relationships don’t always equal happy. It’s about how you spend your time and the foundation on which you’ve built your life.
5. Set boundaries for your mental health. Consider taking a break from those holiday romance shows if they’re making you feel hopeless and disappointed about your love life. Remember—it’s all scripted.
6. This is the perfect time to cozy up to that book you’ve been wanting to finish!
7. Or you can have that holiday classics movie marathon with your girlfriends!
8. Now’s that time of the year to evaluate your goals for next year and become a better woman for it!
9. You have the freedom to give, serve or volunteer this season as much as you decide.
10. While your friends are out doing couple things, consider doing some of these 50 Things to Do When You’re Single for the Holidays.