Ladies, usually when we give thanks, we share our gratitude for our family, friends, food and God’s amazing grace. And while those things are really important things to acknowledge, there are other, less obvious things we should be thankful for.
- Health. Often, we take the most important things for granted, such as our health. Don’t wait for sickness in order to appreciate your wellness.
- Siblings. Yes, brothers and sisters can be annoying. But they’re just as much a blessing. You may not appreciate them until you’re all grown up, but don’t wait until then to be thankful for them!
- God’s Word. It’s your comfort and your guide, and God gave it to you to help you stay on the right path.
- Freedom. We live in a free country, but not every country is free. And not every country allows you to worship freely.
- Prayer. God gave us a way to communicate our needs, desires, worries and dreams. It’s our connection to Him.
- Bad times. They’re going to come, but they make us stronger, bring us closer to God and help us appreciate the great times.
- Another day. It’s another opportunity to live, love, pray, dream, achieve, do a good deed, glorify God and so much more. Be grateful for it.
- Discernment. God blessed us with it so that we could make the right choices. We should not only be grateful for it, but also make sure we use it well.
- Being a Christian. It means God’s on our side. How can we not be thankful for that?
- Forgiveness and second chances! He’s an amazing and loving God who wants us to journey toward Him, and His forgiveness is the most awesome gift! Don’t take advantage of it and always be grateful for it.
Ladies, what unlikely thing are you thankful for?