Since we are back in the swing of things after the summer and most students are in their fall semester, I want to encourage you with some tips on how to get back into your normal school routine. You may be already implementing some of these ideas into your routine, and other tips may just be inspiring reminders. Comment below and let us know if you have any other ideas on how to get back into the fall routine of school or work.
1. Go to Bed Early: Start going to bed earlier. Aim for about 30 minutes to one hour earlier than normal.
2. Turn on Night Shift on Your iPhone: For those of you who don’t know this, there is a “night shift” feature on your iPhone. This is a setting you can have on until about 7 a.m., in which the blue tones that harm your eyes are turned off and the light on your smartphone is lowered to get you to wind down for bed and to be less harmful to your vision.
3. Set Your Coffee Maker the Night Before: Avoid the rush in the morning and set up your coffee grounds, your filter and the water, so you just click the “on” button while you get ready for school. This saves a lot of time in the morning if you can do this right before bed.
4. Limit Caffeine: If you want to be early to bed and early to rise, limit your coffee, soda and tea intake to one to two cups daily, and make sure you don’t drink anything caffeinated after 5 p.m. If you want to be extra cautious, you can stop drinking your lattes and sodas by 3 p.m.
5. Lay Out Your Outfit the Night Before: Be extra prepared by getting your outfit and jewelry prepped each night before school. Avoid feeling anxious and pressured, but do this in a calm way that can be fun for you in the evening!
6. Set Your Backpack by the Door: Before you go to bed, make sure your laptop case or book bag is prepped and ready by the front door. That way, you’re not scrambling in the morning and you know where your keys, wallet, phone and purse are without feeling frantic before class.
7. Prep Your Lunch: For those of you who don’t do the school meals, it’s important to pack your lunch at home the night before school. Don’t wait until just a few minutes before you leave for your first-period class to do this. The point in all of this preparation is to make sure you are ready and peaceful when you start your day.
8. Take Your Vitamins: Make sure you take a multivitamin and drink lots of water during the school session and throughout the year. You can be on the go so much that you forget to eat your veggies or fruits, and can be lacking key nutrients. I encourage you to get vitamin gummies or daily women’s multivitamin. (Note: Always make sure to take a vitamin with a meal or snack, and watch out for any allergies.)
9. Read in Bed for 30 Minutes Before Sleeping: Make sure you are settling in your bed with a book, the Bible or your reading material of choice prior to bed. If you don’t get into the routine now, chances are you will create poor sleeping patterns and it will affect your health and how you receive information. You don’t want to ruin your sleeping patterns at the beginning of the school year. I encourage you to start off fresh and get into good sleeping habits, making sure you sleep seven to eight hours.
10. Limit Social Media Before Bed: Make sure to log out of your social media apps before you wash your face and brush your teeth, so you’re not tempted to scroll through the Internet for hours on end.
PI Girls, what do you do to get back into the school routine? Comment below!