Beauty & Fashion
10 Ways to Dress Modestly and Still Look Cute by PI Girl Brooke
Written by Brooke Roberts | November 2, 2014
Hi girls! My name is Brooke and I’ve been a Project Inspired reader for about a year! I’ve noticed that many girls in today’s culture have had trouble dressing in an appropriate way, so I would like to offer my tips and advice to dressing modestly for all you beautiful women!
First, let’s take a look at why we should dress modestly!
The way I view it is that we are the temple of the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20: “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought at a price: therefore glorify God with your body.”
God wants us to dress our bodies in a modest way so that we can not only please him, but also so that we can set a good example for those around us! God wants us to be a light in this world. We cannot be a light if we are following the ways of the world, because the world is darkness, and the darkness fears the light.
We must live for God, and follow in his Word.
So now that we know why we must dress modestly, let’s take a look at how you can dress modestly and how to clean out your wardrobe.
How to clean out your wardrobe
1. Go through your closet.
2. Ask yourself if that particular item pleases God. If not, donate it or throw it out.
10 ways to dress modestly
1. Keep your neckline no lower than four fingers below the collarbone!
2. Avoid see-through materials.
3. Draw attention to your face!
4. Keep your back covered.
5. Wear pants that are fitted, not an extra layer of skin.
6. Keep panty lines hidden.
7. Choose shorts and skirts that extend past your arm length.
8. Opt for dresses that have sleeves or that are at least two inches below the thigh.
9. Button up those buttons on your shirt.
10. Keep the majority of your shoulders covered!
Great tips, but how do I make them work in a really cute way?
Here are some examples:
Best wishes, girls! I love you all!