10 Ways to Honor God Through Social Media
Written by Natalie Gillespie | October 24, 2014
Social media can be wonderful and terrible! It manages to be connecting, addicting, fun, detrimental and so much more. Here are 10 great ways to make sure you spend your time on social media honoring God! (WWJFB?)
- Tweet a Bible verse daily.
- Take beautiful pictures and add encouraging thoughts. Post to Instagram and then pin them on Pinterest.
- Pray for every person who posts on your Facebook wall each day.
- Write quick reviews of great Christian books you just read, songs you listened to or the church you go to. Give them a shout-out and encourage others to check them out.
- Go back through all your social media accounts and delete any old posts, pins, videos or photos that are dishonoring to God or don’t represent you well as a Christian.
- Don’t post any dirty jokes, pictures or videos, no matter how funny.
- Use language online that would make Jesus proud if He were sitting next to you while you were on your laptop, tablet or phone.
- When you post a favorite verse or encouraging thought, tag friends so they will see it and read it.
- Share and re-post friends’ prayer requests.
- Pray for our country, its leaders, for other countries in conflict, and for the people and stories you see in the headlines on social media sites.