Ladies, beginning a new year is such a great feeling because you get an opportunity to start fresh. Sure, you can’t change the past, but you certainly can look at the way you live your life and make changes. And every new year is an opportunity to do something great!
Imagine…this could be your best year ever! Better still, it could be one of your best years ever. Consider the following tips:
- Take the next step toward your dream. What is your dream and how can you start achieving it? It all starts with a single step! For example, my dream was to become an author, but I had to take a first step toward that dream becoming a reality. My first step was to think of the story. The next step was to make notes about my story. The next step was to put together a synopsis, and so on. You cannot achieve any dream without taking small steps. Take each step one at a time and your dream won’t seem so daunting.
- Clear your heart. Do you owe forgiveness? Then take care of it. There’s nothing worse than going through life with a grudge. Clear your heart with forgiveness and move on in peace.
- Feel good. Nurture yourself, body, mind and soul! When you feel good, you feel like you can take on the world. And that’s the mindset you need if you want to have a fantastic year. So exercise, eat well, study hard and you’ll be on your way to greatness.
- Find out what makes you really happy. Make a list of all the things that make you happy. Just make sure they’re all things that better your life and bring you closer to God, such as going to the gym, youth group, camping, etc. And then ensure that you schedule those things into your life as often as possible.
- Find out what drains you. There may be things you’re drawn to that bring you down or take you away from God. You might want to nix those things or decrease your participation in them. These could include social media, video games, being negative and eating unhealthy food all of the time.
- Own your mistakes and move on. Don’t blame others for bad things that happen. If you own it, you can make sure that it doesn’t happen again.
- Open your eyes to God’s amazing world. Don’t lose yourself in technology. See the world around you and let it lift your spirits.
- Do for others. When you make others happy in a giving way, it will make you happy too. Seeing the joy in others is a joy in itself. Just don’t do for others to please yourself. Do it because it’s the right thing to do!
- Be a good role model. Whether you like it or not, someone may be watching you (not in the creepy sense!), such as a younger sibling, a friend or a peer. You may just be determining someone else’s actions. This doesn’t mean that you are responsible for them and their actions, but it does mean that you have an opportunity to be a good role model to others. And even if no one is watching, you should still be a good role model!
- Strengthen your faith. No matter where you are in your journey with Christ, you can strengthen your relationship. How? Read the Word constantly and do your utmost to live by it. Attending church and a youth group are also some ways to do this. I have a more detailed list coming up in this week’s Caught Being Godly, so stay tuned!
Ladies, I hope these tips help you have a wonderful year.
Do you have any other tips for making 2014 an amazing year? Share them with us…we so love to hear from you!