Games & Fun
10 Ways You Know You’re a Pastor’s Kid
Written by Dave Herrmann | April 10, 2014
Being a pastor’s kid (PK) is VERY rewarding. You get to see God work through your parents in a way not many people get to see. But there are some other unique experiences that only PKs have…and if you are one, I’ll bet these are familiar to you!
This list is meant to make you laugh and is to be taken lightheartedly. Which of these these signs are most true for you?!
1. Wherever you go, whatever you do, you always get the feeling you’re being watched.
2. Sometimes your mom or dad makes reference to something you did in one of their sermons. It’s embarrassing!
3. It’s just assumed you know everything about the Bible.
4. You go to a lot—and I mean a lot—of church functions, and usually you’re at church more than you’re at home.
5. You don’t know what it’s like to just attend one service, and by the third service you’ve memorized the sermon.
6. You’ve heard that sermon before.
7. Dating? HAHA!
8. You meet other PKs at church camp and just, well, get each other.
9. You have probably been asked to preach before, or at least lead a Sunday School Lesson.
10. Deep down, you are the only one who truly knows how hard your mom and dad work in their profession, and probably wouldn’t have it any other way.