11 Ways to OWN Thanksgiving and Black Friday
Written by Project Inspired | November 16, 2016
It’s the season of giving thanks! We love this time of year, and we know you do, too. So, that said, we want to help you make THIS Thanksgiving the BEST ever. How so, you ask? Well, read on….
1. Go onto Pinterest and type in “Thanksgiving leftover recipes.” Leftover yams? There is a pancake recipe for that! You’re welcome.
2. Read a non-digital book. Yes, throwback-style. In fact, pick out the book, snap a photo of it and use hashtag #tbt to be all hip and cool.
3. Rather than ignore the football game, sit down and ask your brother, dad, cousin or even your mom (some women love football, too!) about the sport.
4. Skip Black Friday and spend that time completely alone with God instead. Trust us, it’s hard. But it’s WAY worth it. Plus, the best sales are online now.
5. Don’t just Snapchat your friends—invite them over to share pie. Because sharing is caring.
6. Learn HOW to cut the turkey! This is a skill that is needed in our world.
7. Run a 5K, 10K or 12K, or just walk. You’re going to be eating a ton, so you might as well get some fitness in to offset that, right?
8. Start a Netflix marathon of a TV show and just chill. First, no crowds. Second, no money spent. Third, leftovers! (See #1.)
9. Have a real conversation with your grandparents. Meaning, ask them about your heritage.
10. Create a list of what you’re thankful for, post it online and tag friends who helped you OWN this year.
11. Bust out the Christmas music, because it’s the season now!
Which of these are you planning on doing this year?