15 Things PI Girls Wish They Had Known at Age 10
Written by Project Inspired | May 31, 2014
Earlier this month, we posted this photo to Facebook, calling to action our PI Girls who are active on the social network.
We LOVED the responses you gave, as they prove how much we learn as we get older. Of course, part of the process of life is not always having the answers right when you need them, but instead learning to “live your way” into the answer. If you can do that, and then reflect later on things you have learned along the way, you’re equipping yourself to be stronger and stronger throughout your life.
We wanted to take a moment to share some of your sage wisdom and advice, as it can only help each of us grow and learn from each other.
1. “I would tell her: You are beautiful, and you are loved. No, you are not the same—but that is OK. In fact, that is BEAUTIFUL. Even though your biological Dad left you, and your relationship with your adoptive dad was loving but estranged, you ARE your father’s joy. You are your heavenly Father’s joy, and you are your earthly adoptive father’s joy as well. Don’t let others bring you down. Your value is permanent and indescribable. You DESERVE and were MADE TO BE treasured.” —Abbygail Mark
2. “Live to please God, not man. Choose friends who will inspire you, encourage you and push you toward Christ likeness.” —Lea Kyer
3. “I’m sorry, Keely, but you’re not going to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. Tear down the posters and live your life while you still can.” —Keely Victoria
4. “Your next few years are going to be harder than you could ever imagine. It will be emotionally draining. But keep on going, darling. God is holding your hand, even when it doesn’t feel like it. Trust that He has it under control. Remember you were put on this earth for a purpose and that people love you.” —Kayla Hanzsek-Brill
5. “Don’t rush to grow up! Enjoy life and every moment of it!” —Delanie Smith
6. “God is there. Everything that you’re going through…losing what seems like everything, everyone, outside family, it’s all okay. He’s getting rid of it all for you, so do not be angry. He’s doing what is best, even if you can’t see it.” —Lily Funk
7. “You’re not too fat. You’re perfect just the way you are. Don’t feel nerdy or ugly, just live.” —Patience McCulloch
8. “Times will get hard, and you might not always have friends. But it is better to have no friends than the wrong ones. It will be easy to over-think, and about things that aren’t important; focus your thoughts on the present moment—what is happening right now? What do you need to be doing? Try to improve from the day before. Do something right now (and do this every day) that your future self will thank you for.” —Emily Rose Gragg
9. “Don’t be so insecure. Just be who you are and don’t change what you like and what you do for other people!” —Emily Losby
10. “Stop worrying about having a boyfriend! They get nicer the older they get, and they make amazing friends! Treasure this time with your family; they are your best friends. Seek God NOW; the sooner, the better! Only judge yourself by God’s standards, not man’s!” —Brooke Pruitt
11. “I wouldn’t say a thing because you wouldn’t be who you are today if it weren’t for the things of the past.” —Jason Moore
12. “You’re going to be very short, you’re never going to grow and that’s okay ’cause guys totally dig short girls.” —Sammie Cat Escobar
13. “You are strong and God loves you. You don’t need a mom to be happy or feel loved. You are not a mistake; you are cherished by God. Don’t be afraid to fail.” —Mary Barr
14. “Cherish every single day you are given. Time goes by faster every year, it seems like.” —Sarah Allene Bailey
15. “Get out there and make friends. I know you’re shy, but you’ll never know how much people will like you if you don’t try.” —Paris Symone Holt
Girls, THANK YOU for all of your wonderful words! In case you aren’t on Facebook, feel free to leave your own advice to yourself (or others!) at age 10 in the comments below.