Beauty & Fashion
17 Fashion Trends for 2017
Written by Christi Given | December 22, 2016
Here are some trends coming up in the fashion world for the new year! There are some current trends that transfer over into the 2017, and then there are some new looks that you will start to see.
1. Sequins Galore: Especially with New Year’s coming up, sparkles are all the rage! Well, why not for your entire outfit or jacket? It’s time to shine! Goodbye 2016, hello 2017!
2. Khaki: Khaki is a classic color and goes well with any outfit! Shop at Make Me Chic by clicking the link below.
[Source: Make Me Chic]
3. Single-Shoulder Cut-Out T-Shirts: Cutouts in both shoulders are in now, but just the one shoulder is predicted to be in style for 2017.
4. Long Belts: Belts are in style for 2017, but not just any belts—overlong belts! Would you wear these?
5. Leather Wool Jacket: The biker jacket with wool, also known as shearling, is in.
6. Velvet: For the holidays, velvet is in, and it will be really in for the new year. Do you have any velvet clothing or boots?
7. Yellow: This color is going to be very hot in the spring, as well for the new year. This color is so bright and always looks flattering.
8. Pleated Skirts: Long skirts are in and pleats are in style.
9. Blue: Different shades of blue are in for 2017. Check out these beautiful blue velvet pieces.
10. Over-the-Knee Boots: Taylor Swift is rockin’ a red velvet pair of killer knee-high boots.
11. Track Pants and Sneaker Streetwear: The sneaker trend has definitely been in this year, but a fashion forecast tells me this adidas look will still be in style in the new year.
12. Pins on Jean Jackets: The jean jacket with patches was totally in style in 2016 and will continue into 2017 with hipster pins. Do you like actress Rowan Blanchard’s style here?
13. Mom Jeans: Speaking of jeans, these mom jeans (high-waisted jeans) are very in right now. These suit model Gigi very well and are cute rolled up at the bottom. Would you wear Mom jeans? Yes or no?
14. Dresses with Boots: This look is super cute for winter going from December into January. You can be very feminine while keeping warm! Adorable!
15. Military Jackets: Military-style jackets are back in. Click the link below to get this Rachel Roy jacket.
16. Frayed Denim: This entire outfit Selena Gomez is wearing is very in for 2017. As I mentioned, yellow will be a popular color people will be wearing, especially in the spring of next year.
17. Bold T-Shirts: I love the Christian T-shirts from Instagrammer Ali (thelightblonde). Order here.
What are your favorite looks? Is there anything you wear that is trending? Comment below!