Games & Fun
20 Things You Didn’t Know About MIKESCHAIR’s Mike Grayson! Plus, Enter to Win a SIGNED MIKESCHAIR CD!
Written by Project Inspired | May 3, 2014
Meet this month’s celebrity “20 Questions” answerer, the lead singer of Christian band MIKESCHAIR, Mike Grayson!
Mike, center, and his MIKESCHAIR bandmates
1. Favorite color? Gray (I could buy gray everything, haha.)
2. The last song that was stuck in your head? “Holy Spirit”
3. The movie you’ll never get tired of watching? Sister Act 2
4. If you could spend an entire day learning from any living person, who would it be? I would love to be able to spend a day with Billy Graham. I feel like he would have so much to teach me about life and God.
5. Perfect dinner party guest (living or not!)? C. S. Lewis! I bet he would have incredible stories that would make for an amazing dinner.
6. The best gift you’ve ever received? My first guitar when I was in 6th grade. It’s the only time I have ever cried when I got a gift.
7. What or who is the greatest love of your life? My wife, Molly! We just got married a year and a half ago.
8. Greatest achievement? Yet to come. I think having kids will be the greatest achievement.
9. Favorite qualities in a friend? Loyalty, honesty, communication.
10. Most treasured possession? My guitar. When I think about the couple things I would grab if my house was on fire, my guitar is at the top of the list.
11. Idea of happiness? Being with family.
12. Idea of misery? Being alone.
13. The one food you could eat every day for a year? Pizza!
14. Favorite book? The whole Chronicles of Narnia series
15. Fiction character you most identify with? I identify with the dog Dug in the movie Up, haha. I can be extremely loyal, and at the same time, I can get distracted so easily by the most random things…squirrel haha!
16. Where (in the whole world!) would you most like to live? I love living where I am here in Nashville, TN, but I would also love to live somewhere on the West Coast at some point in my life.
17. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? “Stoked,” “Dope,” “My thing is…”
18. The one word your closest friends would use to describe you? Loyal.
19. Favorite teaching in the Bible? My favorite verse in the Bible comes out of John 16 where Jesus is speaking and says, “In this world you will have trouble, but take heart for I have overcome the world.” What an amazing promise we get to live under.
20. Your motto? Be genuine and try not to take yourself too seriously.
Check out Mike talking about the story behind the band’s current radio single, “People Like Me” (from the album ALL OR NOTHING):
Plus, we’ve got some exciting news: MIKESCHAIR is generously giving away SIGNED CDs to 5 lucky PI Girls!
Here’s how to enter:
Tell us the living person YOU would like to spend a day learning from (and why!) in the comments below and you’ll automatically be entered to win one of 5 signed MIKESCHAIR CDs! But hurry–the contest ends Friday, May 9, so enter today!
Good luck, PI Girls!
UPDATE: This giveaway is now closed! Congrats to our winners, brennaeskyler2, reffner, Adopted_faith, tanatiger and DaniellaS116!