20 Ways to Start 2016 Off Right!
Written by Christi Given | December 30, 2015
PI Girls, let’s start the new year right with some goals, some inspiring ways to live life and a few adventures outside of our comfort zone. Let’s step out of our fears and walk in the truth and light of the Lord.
Here are some ways to explore the world and to awaken new passions or hobbies in yourself. I love trying new things, meeting new people, tasting new foods and experiencing culture, and I am hoping to accomplish some of the things on this list in the new year. I hope you’re able to get ideas for a few activities or different sports to try.
10 Activities to Try in 2016
1. Paddleboarding: Instead of walking on water, you can float on water and try something different and fun!
2. Snowboarding: Get off the bunny slopes and get better at snowboarding.
3. Going to the local athletic club
6. Horseback riding
8. Learning another language
9. Taking a road trip
And here are 10 ways to start off on the right foot this year regarding health and creating good habits.
10 Good Habits to Form in 2016
1. Eat less sugar/eliminate soda: Try sparkling water like San Pellegrino instead of soda.
2. Exercise more: Even walking helps. Biking is a fun way to burn those calories.
3. Eat more veggies and fruits: Juicing is a great way to cleanse the body and is a quick and yummy way to get good nutrition.
4. Save: Cut costs by not buying your coffee or lunch out daily. Make your own at home and start saving for a vacation.
5. Go to bed earlier: Shut off the apps at night so you aren’t distracted looking at Instagram and messaging friends.
6. Set your mind to be proactive: Start doing things ahead of time and you will feel more at ease with your life, not rushing to hit deadlines at the last minute.
7. Read your own devotions in the Bible: We need to form good spiritual habits to grow and to become warriors in the Spirit. We need to realize that our spiritual mindset forms most of our choices and lifestyle. We need to renew our minds constantly and you need to dedicate time to what is most important, which should be your relationship with God, amen?
8. Build stronger relationships: In a culture full of busyness, let us not forget what is really important.
9. Pray: Praying matters and is effective. We can move mountains if we believe, and if we take time to seek God’s face.
10. Serve: Having a revelation of serving is vital in having not only a healthy, positive life of joy, but is important in a believer’s life. Jesus even says that He came to serve and not to be served. Let us open our eyes to the needs around us.
PI Girls, what is it that you plan to do in the New Year? Comment below!