Every week, I go through the “Girl Talk” section of Project Inspired and look for those seeking advice and counsel. I want to help answer some questions you may have about living out your Christian life and walk of faith! We want PI to be a safe place where you can ask questions.
Recently on the Girl Talk forum, there was a post discussing goals and ideas for 2014. To join the chat and read the full post, click here.
Resolutions are a great way to get inspired for the New Year! Do you have a new hobby you want to pursue? Have a personal goal? Want to save up for a special trip or for something you need?
Here are inspiring ideas from the Girl Talk forum and chat posts, plus other suggestions for the New Year:
- Save for a trip or vacation.
- Learn a new language.
- Pick up an instrument (take piano, guitar or voice lessons, for example).
- Make a new friend.
- Be more bold in faith/share with others.
- Serve in church.
- Start a Christian club on campus.
- Learn to cook.
- Get your driver’s license.
- Get a passport.
- Build your savings.
- Read the entire Bible in one year.
- Learn to bake.
- Eat more veggies and fruits (lots of vitamins!)
- Join a club on campus.
- Learn to sew.
- Read a book a month.
- Share Project Inspired with a friend.
- Be kinder to your brother, sister and other family members.
- Serve and offer a favor to friend or neighbor.
- Plan a special dinner for parent(s)/guardian.
- Bless people around you.
- Make a to-do list.
- Stay organized/get rid of clothes you don’t wear.
- Give to Goodwill once a month.
- Learn about Israel (and where Jesus was born and lived).
- Charity of choice (set goal amount per month or year to contribute).
- Apply for college.
- Find a home church (to be planted in) and a youth group.
- Watch less TV and spend more devotional/worship/quiet time.
PI Girls, there are so many things we can “resolve” or accomplish in 2014. What are some of the ideas you have in mind? Also, keep an eye out for the things God has placed on your heart to do for His Kingdom and for His glory, amen?!
Feel free to comment below and add to the list!