Games & Fun
5 Activities You Can Do for “Galentine’s Day” This Year
Written by Kytia Lamour | February 4, 2018
Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. (Romans 12:10)
Do you really need another excuse to hang with your besties? Well, if so, here’s one to add to your list: Galentine’s Day! Not everyone has a romantic date planned for Valentine’s Day, and that’s totally okay! Fortunately, there is a clever alternative for those who still want to celebrate with loved ones this time of year. Get your planner out and set a date with your cuties for the 14th!
Here are five ideas that will have you looking forward to girl time no matter what you and your crew love to do.
1. The Health-Lover Tribe. Remember that New Year’s resolution you all made to spend more time being active and take in more fresh air? Start your day off with a trip to a smoothie place to get your bellies full of nutrients before heading out on a great hike with a view. If wilderness isn’t your thing, get your bicycles out or skate around a local trail in your area. If morning doesn’t work, this would be a great activity to do during sunset. You can always grab a healthy bite to eat afterward.
2. The Thrill-Seeker Tribe. Are there any activities you wanted to try, but are too afraid to do yourself? Maybe as a group, you and your besties can sign up for skydiving, swimming with sharks or parasailing—or finally set a date to travel out of the country to a place you’ve never been. Can you imagine the unique memories you’ll have to show your kids one day? They’ll know their mom is one brave babe!
3. The Film-Critic Tribe. Some of us love a movie marathon, but how much more fun is it to do this as a group?! Everyone can pick a movie, meet up to watch them, and discuss what you loved about each film. Take it up a notch by recreating a scene from one of the movies and sharing a recording of it to social media so you all can look back on it for years to come.
4. The All-Things-Fashion Tribe. Who says you need to have the perfect outfit picked out ahead of time for a great Galentine’s night out? Take this day as an opportunity to go on a shopping trip with your friends. Try on some cute pieces and ask your girlfriends to recommend some items, styles or colors you’ve never thought to wear before. You could end up finding your new favorite pair of leopard-print heels!
5. The Goal-Setter Tribe. One thing I’ve been seeing a lot of are vision board parties. Get a stack of magazines and craft supplies. Each of you can share your goals for this year with the group and take turns praying over your plans. Once you’re all done discussing them, get your scissors out and start cutting out imagery that will keep you inspired when you hang your vision board up in your room or office.
Do you already have plans for Galentine’s Day? If so, what are they? Did any of these ideas inspire you to make plans? We’d love to hear which one was your favorite. Leave a comment below!