5 DIY Christmas Gift and Wrapping Ideas
Written by Christi Given | December 12, 2016
Since it’s the holidays, I want to share some wonderful Christmas gift hacks with you! If you need ideas on how to wrap presents, need clever gift ideas or just want to learn some creative tips for the holidays, then watch the video at the end of this post and check out the life hacks!
1. Make Candy Bows: Ever thought to take a piece of ribbon, tie it around a package of M&Ms or Skittles, and make it into a bow? This is such a cute idea from YouTuber HelloMaphie. This is what it looks like!
2. Tape Money Together and Place in a Box: Have you decided to give your little cousin or sibling cash for their gift, but don’t want to just give it to them in an envelope? Tape the money together so it is long and fold it in a cute little box that is wrapped (see photo below). The recipient will be caught off guard and this is a much nicer and more exciting way to gift cash.
3. Make Your Own Cupcake Ornament: Buy a bath soap ball, take a glue gun and glue the ball inside a cupcake liner. Take a paper clip and push it into the bath soap as the hoop to hook the decoration, and voilà—you can hang it on the tree! SO cute! Add a little puff ball on top as the cherry and you are now ready to use your homemade ornament.
4. Gift Money Creatively in a Crayon Box: Wrap the money and tape it around each crayon, and there you have it! Your friend or loved one will open it up and see the colorful bills. This is especially good for someone who is younger who will appreciate the crayons as well!
5. Wrap Your Gifts Like a Hershey’s Kiss: Have small items to give, but don’t want to use a bag? Want to make your own wrapping paper? Use some foil, white construction paper (for a little note), wrap your gift and there you have it! A cute Hershey’s kiss gift.
Watch the holiday Christmas tutorial from YouTube vlogger Hello Maphie below:
PI Girls, what is YOUR favorite Christmas gift tip or life hack?