5 Inexpensive and Creative Holiday Gift Ideas!
Written by Christi Given | November 30, 2012
The holidays are a time of fun, shopping, thinking of others and celebrating life together! They also can be a tough time financially, especially if you’re a teenager or young adult. Don’t have a ton of money to spend on Christmas presents this year? Here are some great, creative and low-cost gift ideas! Ready, set, let’s get wrapping!
1. Pictures, frames and collages: There is a famous saying that “A picture is worth a thousand words.” Pictures capture memories like nothing else can–they’re so special and priceless! A nice frame or magazine picture collage is a great way to show your thoughtfulness and love to your family and friends for a low price!
2. Baked goods: Who doesn’t like a treat or two during the holidays? If your mom or aunt has a batch of cookies waiting to be made, make a memory with a special friend or relative and do a baking day! Not only is it a delish sweet treat, but you also are giving love.
3. Handmade ornament: If you’re feeling ultra-creative, you can go to Michael’s or any art store and get supplies to make an ornament. Not only is your tree decor personal and special, but also it will be unique! Add sparkles or other cute details on your ornament with glitter or rhinestones and present your loved ones with an ornament designed by the one and only YOU!
4. Make a special CD or holiday mix: Maybe you have a great holiday mix you love or want to share with a friend. Even if it’s only one or two songs, you can get blank CDs at Big Lots or the Dollar Tree and songs on iTunes are only $.99! Jingle all the way with your own rockin’ holiday or sentimental music mix to lift your loved ones’ spirits! This is a cool idea because it is a personalized gift.
5. Scrapbook: Have extra paper lying around? Glue, scissors, stickers, markers and magazines? Take an afternoon while sipping on some hot chocolate (with marshmallows to make it extra tasty) and some of your favorite Christmas songs in the background to get creative! Make a memory book for your mom or dad, or even a book of the reasons why you love and appreciate them! Grandparents, aunts and uncles will LOVE this too–so will your best friend! It is definitely the thought and the time you put in your masterpiece that count!
Tip: If you don’t have money for a photo book or album, hole punch and put ribbon through the sides of your craft. Voila, you have your scrapbook!
PI girls, what other inexpensive, lovely and fun gift ideas do you have? Share them below!